Teaching Majors and Minors

The McKay School of Education coordinates with other university colleges to additionally provide services and advisement for many secondary education majors. A secondary education major incorporates both the content instruction and professional education courses required to be eligible for teacher licensure.

Please note that secondary education students should declare their teaching major and seek advisement in the college advisement center responsible for their respective teaching major. Thus, they will graduate with a teaching degree in their major college: for example, students majoring in English teaching will graduate in the College of Humanities with a bachelor's degree in English teaching.

Questions related to student teaching, internships, or licensing should always be addressed to the Education Advisement Center, 350 MCKB.